If you are looking for a cost-effective and manageable way of buying a car, a finance option could be the perfect solution for you. At PDH Motor Group, financing a car is convenient, quick and easy.
Leave all the hassle and paperwork to us and get your car financed online today.
In most cases, we’ll even get your finance application approved on the same day you apply. Start the application process now, in just a few simple steps. Browse our huge range of used cars to find your perfect drive. Then use our finance calculator tool to find the right finance option for your budget. You’ll then need to fill out an application, which will be submitted to our board of lenders and you’ll get a prompt decision back. If you have any questions along the way, get in touch with our team and we will be happy to help.
If you’re thinking about financing your next car, at PDH it’s as simple as 1, 2, 3. You can finance a car completely online and receive a decision back the very same day. Or, if you prefer to do things in person you can pop into our dealership in Hassocks and one of our Business Managers will be happy to talk you through your options. Whichever option you choose – online, in person, or over the phone – you’ll be guided through the process in a simple and friendly way, making sure you find the right car finance option for your budget and needs.
Why finance your car through PDH Motor Group?
Choosing to finance your car with your local dealership adds security, and with our variety of finance options, you may benefit from lower monthly payments and shorter terms (in comparison to a personal loan).
When you finance a car with PDH, we can introduce to our carefully selected lending partners to assist you with your vehicle purchase, whether you are a private individual buyer or a business customer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make an informed decision and ensure you feel comfortable that you have found the right finance product for you.
How it works
Finance options explained
How Much Car Finance Costs
Whether you choose PCP, PCH or HP, the cost of your loan depends on:
- How much the car you choose costs
- How much you have to spend on a deposit (and whether you have a car to part-exchange)
- The interest rates that you are offered
- The length of the term you choose (between 36 and 60 months)
Use this guide to familiarise yourself with all the details PCP, PCH and HP finance methods.
Personal Contract Purchase (PCP)
PCP finance plans are the most popular way to pay for a car. If you like to upgrade your vehicle often, PCP is an ideal choice. It is perfect if you wish to change your car at intervals between 24 and 48 months and takes away the worry of devaluation.
How does it work?
- Choose your car (new or used)
- Choose the most suitable repayment period
- Agree on your annual mileage
- You will be given a Guaranteed Minimum Future Value, which also becomes your optional final payment
- You then decide on the deposit and payments suitable for your budget
- At the end of the agreement you can do one of three things: part exchange your vehicle for another car, keep the car and pay the final payment or hand it back and have nothing further to pay.
PCP may be right for you if:
- You want a low deposit and low monthly payments
- You are looking for the flexibility to exchange, return or buy your car at the end of your agreement
- You like to change your car regularly
- You wish to avoid some maintenance costs
PCP may not be suitable for you if:
- You are deemed a high mileage user (e.g in excess of 40,000 p/a)
- You may want to keep your car for a longer period (e.g 5 years)
Personal Contract Hire (PCH)
Personal Contract Hire or PCH finance offers allow you to run a car without the worry of ownership or depreciation. You can also choose to include a maintenance package in your PCH deal, so you never have to deal with any unexpected bills.
How does it work?
- Choose a new car
- Choose the most suitable hire period, usually between 24 and 48 months
- Agree on your annual mileage
- Decide on which rentals are most suitable for your budget
- At the end of the PCH agreement, simply hand back your car
Hire Purchase (HP)
Hire Purchase is the most straightforward method of buying a car on finance. If you want outright ownership of your car and don’t typically change your car less than every 48 months, then Hire Purchase is perfect for you.
How does it work?
- First, choose your new or used car
- Choose the most suitable repayment period between 12 and 60 months
- Agree on a deposit and monthly repayment that suits your budget
- At the end of the agreement the car is yours (provided that all payments have been completed)
HP may be right for you if:
- You want to own the car outright at the end of your agreement
- You like to budget – you’ll know the exact payment amount each month
- You can afford a larger deposit, or you have a car to part-exchange that could be used as part of your deposit
HP may not be suitable for you if:
- You want to have ownership of the vehicle from the start
- You intend to change your car within the next 2-4 years
Car Finance FAQs
You are eligible to apply for finance if; you are aged 18 or over, have an annual income that comfortably covers your monthly payments, have a current bank or building society account in the UK and you are free of bankruptcy.
You will need to be able to provide 3 years address and employment history, along with photographic personal identification i.e. Driving License.
We’ll give you an instant finance decision wherever possible, but sometimes it may take longer. We’ll keep you updated on your applications progress.
Applying for car finance will require what’s referred to as a ‘hard search’ of your credit report. This is likely to show on your credit score, and if you have several hard searches on your report in quick succession, it can have a negative impact.
By providing us with your personal details, you will be giving us authority to submit credit application on your behalf to our credit providers, each of which may record a search on your credit file. For your reassurance, we will use a maximum of four credit providers and therefore, no more than four credit searches will be registered.
Yes. When you are using our finance quote calculator, you can use our part exchange tool to value your current vehicle. The value of your part exchange can then be applied to your quote as part of your deposit.
The value of your part exchange may well cover any outstanding finance you have. If not, simply contact the dealership where your chosen car is located via phone or email. The team will be happy to help and will talk you through your options.
We offer a comprehensive range of financial products to suit individual and business needs from a limited number of lenders. Please speak to your Business Manager who will be able to explain the various funding methods, so you can make an informed decision.